Sunday, May 08, 2005

Going down in a blaze of glory


Photograph (c) Phil Janvier
Yesterday was a long day for me it started with a Deanery Conference on shared ministry, and the speaker was excellent, and ended with a performance by the band I'm in. At our level of gigging and performing, as we don't charge, we are the roadies, the set up crew, but we do have a great friend as our audio engineer, performers, take down crew and finally, roadies again. I know that some people regularly do 15 hour days but I don't! Today as a minister I was tired and certainly not firing on all cylinders. So tonight I was playing guitar in worship and I had to lead into "This is the air I breath" and could I pitch the first note? No. After making a fool of myself I came clean to everyone at admitted the problem, they had noticed... but we started with the chorus and it came flooding back. Sometimes we offer our best for the Lord and it's not good enough, but I am going to go down trying in a blaze of glory rather than give up! I would rather be a fool for Christ and make the effort than sit back and be comfortable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home