Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Opening the floodgates of Heaven


Photograph (c) Phil Janvier
A few years ago I broke my wrist very badly, now I can set of metal detectors if I get too close, a consequence of which is that when I play my 12 string guitar my wrist aches. So having left it in its case for 12 months I thought I would part exchange it for a new 6 string acoustic guitar. It cost £699 new so I was a little disappointed when it was valued by a few places at between £150-£200. Ouch! But what do I do? Do I keep hold of it and not use it? That's a waste. So today I took the plunge and sold it in part exchange. I still think it was worth more than I got but a gift unused is worth nothing. I had my second guitar, a Fender El Rio 6 string acoustic valued, it's not worth very much at all, but I use it, so I'm keeping it, it's valuable to me. It has made me realise that God is a very generous God and he opens the floodgates of heaven "with every spiritual blessing" and sometimes I leave his gifts in their case in the cupboard, and what a waste that is. Every drop of God's floodgated gifts is valuable, a source of life, hope, love, compassion, generosity, care and vision. If you have been given gifts by God use them and don't hide them away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home