Thursday, May 26, 2005

Liverpool FC Champion League Winners 2005

Last night as I watched the Champions League Cup Final I went through all the emotions football can bring you. It started with great expectations, but with the reality check of knowing that we were the underdogs, but there always was hope. I remember praying Lord, I know it's unfair to ask you to let Liverpool win but I know that there will be AC Milan fans doing the same, so I'm passionately asking you anyway! Well the 1st minute brought frustration, we can come back from one goal down, but by half time it was despair, three nil. My greatest fear was that we would be thrashed in the same way that Aresnal beat Everton, the possibility of such a humiliation was nearly overwhelming.

The Liverpool came with hearts full of fire, wow what a difference that made, the trouble was I could see Liverpool getting two goals. then Gerrard scored, Smicer, then we had the penalty. My heart was in my mouth, O No he missed... O Yes he's scored! Whoop, Whoop, Yes, Yes, Yes, general screaming and shouting. I jumped up so quick that I fell over with the blood rush! Three all. I danced round the room punching the air, no mild mannered clegyman here!

Then it was tension again, 3-3, then the final whistle and extra time, more tension, then penalties; miss -hurray, score - hurray, saved - hurray, score - hurray, score - boo, saved - boo, score - boo, score - hrray, saved - hurray.... We won, tears and laughter, disbelief and wonder, we did it, they did it.

Thank you Lord

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home